Thursday, July 16, 2009

Brief History of my Vitiligo

My medical odyssey started in the spring of 1997. Then I was 14. While playing I felt down on my knees and when the wounds dried up what remained was the white patches which never gone and brought new patches on my body.
My grandma first noticed those patches on my knees and asked my father to take me to a doctor.
My father took me Dr. Soman who was a homeopathic doctor and our family doctor too. I took his treatment for 4 months but that did not help and I got new patches on my body. Because of no sign of relief we changed the doctor. Then my grandpa took me to another famous homeopath in my town, Dr. Aelane. Here also we got disappointed.
Then I had been to Dr. Bhatt, Dr. Pathak, Dr. Dangare(Nagpur) he is a very famous homeopath. But no one could help me out. By this time 20% of my body skin was eaten up by Vitiligo.
Then my father took me to an ayurvedic doctor Dr. Sarswat. Surprisingly I started getting relief from his medicines. Within 6 months I got 90% cured. White patches from my arms, knees, chest and thighs were washed off. By then only 2-3 % of my body was remain affected.
I continued Dr. Saraswat’s treatment for next 6 years but I did not get success on the remaining white patches.
Then I thought of changing my doctor and I had been to a vaidya Mr. Lokhande. He cheated me by 10 thousand rupees. I did not get any relief and the relapse kind of conditions happened. Being cheated and because of relapse I was very much disappointed and I was in search of good Ayurvedic Doctor. From our neighbor I came to know about Vaidya Dr. Velankar. I took her treatment for 1 year. Initially I got some relief but latter the condition started deteriorating. Then I decided to change the doctor again. I thought of taking simultaneous treatment of ayurveda and modern medical science. I consulted Dr. Sudhakar Grandhi for PUVA treatment and started taking PUVA from his clinic. For Ayurvedic doctor, I consulted Dr. Gadre (A 80+ year old experienced doctor). Here also initially I saw some improvement but later on I could not make out PUVA because of some personal reasons. Hereafter my condition started worsening again.
Currently I am taking narrowband UVB treatment from Dr. Narendra Patwardhan and Ayurvedic treatment from Dr. Saraswat. Till now my condition is improving and I am getting results on such a spots which were adamant before. I hope this will help me out and will end my medical odyssey.

14 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I am from pune. I would like to know what treatment you are taking and your progress on vitiligo treatment.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    Currently I am taking Unani treatmet for vitiligo.
    I am getting good results from that treatment.
    Please let me know if you need more information.
    my email id is srkhedkar@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the reply.
    Since when ur taking this unani medicine and from where. Did u try ayurvedic? u wrote about the dr. prasanna gadre treatment. last week I went to meet him and he gave me some ointment and one tablet. What do you think about Dr. Gadre's treatment(specially allopath treatment).

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For unani treatment pls see my latest updates on this blog.
    I have not mentioned about Dr. Prasanna Gadre.
    The Dr. Gadre I wrote about is a 80+ year old ayurvedic doctor.

    I suggest pls do not go for an allopathic treatment. They prescribe steroids and that makes condition worse.

    You can check on the internet the oniment which is given to you must be having steroids.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello i am sunil, my 8 yrs daughter suffers from vitiligo, from ur expeience suggest me whic doctor is suitable for my doctor pl send me suggestion on my mail rathodsystems@gmail.com
    i also contact to dr. takmili, his timing is so odd morning 9 to 1 pm. this doctor is best to treat to vitiligo

    thx

    ReplyDelete
  6. use whit care caps and ointment.
    check Prime Medicin center near Amrita hotel, baner road, pune.
    Then reply me with your reuslt

    ReplyDelete
  7. This blog is by far the most inaccurate and ignorant thing I have ever read. "Take regular baths", "exercise regularly".... are you retarded? There is absolutely no proof that this affects vitiligo in any way, and it's outrageous that you imply that people with vitiligo wouldn't already be doing these things.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sumit,

    Your blog i very informative. Thanks for sharing this information. I am taking allopathy treatment for vitiligo. Doctor is giving me steroids but it is not curing and has side effects.
    Please suggest me good Ayurveda and unani treatment doctors who have cured your vitiligo. I am very disappointed, please help.

    Thanks,
    God Bless You

    ReplyDelete
  9. your blog is very helpfull, thousand of people read this blog,
    please share any information about vitillego

    ReplyDelete
  10. please go for ayuevedic and homeopathy but
    dont take allopathy or steroids

    ReplyDelete
  11. There are many different vitiligo natural treatment are used for get rid of vitiligo naturally some of them are Papaya, Red Clay, Duckweed, Turmeric, Goosefoot, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Natural Treatment for Vitiligo that will support you gets your clear and smooth skin for not also extended. It is vital to see a health professional to evaluate your specific situation, offer an exact diagnosis and for treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very informative and impressive post you have written, this is quite interesting and i have went through it completely, an upgraded information is shared, keep sharing such valuable information. Drdo Lukoskin

    ReplyDelete